Tree Removal in Spring City PA 19475 – Tree Service Pa
Here in Spring City, we realize that trees are among our most important resources. Science has shown over and over again that the presence of living trees around our homes and businesses helps keep ups calm, focused, healthy, and happy. From time to time, though, a tree can transform from a pleasantry to a nightmare. Maybe it’s sick or dying, and it’s threatening your home or car. Maybe, on the less scary end, it’s keeping you from putting in that new hot tub. Maybe it’s carrying a pest that has the potential to spread into your orchard and lay waste to dozens of fruit trees.
Whatever the case, the need to have a tree removed is an inevitability. That’s why there are several reputable companies in Chester County that perform tree removal in Spring City PA. Most of them run a fairly similar pricing structure, which is based primarily on the difficulty of the job. Here’s a brief rundown of the major factors that affect the price of getting a tree removed:
The Basic Tree Removal Job
Your ‘standard’ tree removal happens in three stages: first, the crew takes the limbs off of the tree and gathers them into a pile. Next, they take the trunk down in stages, chopping a chunk, bringing it to the ground via sling or crane — or just letting it fall if circumstances allow. Finally, they haul the trunk pieces away. That process costs, on average, about $150 for any size of fallen tree, about $350 for a tree up to 25 feet, about $750 for a tree up to 75 feet, and about $1000 for a tree larger than that — but of course those are just averages, and a lot of factors apply. Keep reading to learn more.
Clearly, that leaves you saddled with a pile of tree branches and a stump sitting in your yard. If you want those to go away, you can expect to pay:
• $50-$75 for the branches to be taken away or chipped in place.
• $60-$350 for stump removal, depending on the method used to remove the stump.
• $75-$100 if you want them to leave the trunk behind and split it into firewood-sized chunks for you.
Factors That Cost Extra
Of course, all of this assumes a fundamentally easy location, tree, and other factors. When things get difficult, the cost can rise dramatically — though any Spring City arborist who comes out to examine the tree should be able to take these things into account and lay them out in his or her estimate. You’ll pay more if:
• The job takes place a significant distance away from their usual business area,
• The tree is a long way (1/2 mile or more) from where they can park their truck and equipment,
• The tree is part of a densely-packed grove, is between two buildings, or is otherwise extremely difficult to maneuver in and/or safely fell chunks of,
• The tree has a particularly wide (4 feet or more) trunk, or
• If the tree is an oak, a dead elm, a black locust, or any of a number of other extremely tough trees. Some kinds of tree are actually so strong that they throw sparks when you attempt to saw them! These kinds of tree are always pricier to remove.
It’s impossible to put specific prices on the ‘extra factors,’ because they’re subjective to each job and each company. In general, no matter what else you do, it’s worth your while to get at least 3 estimates from 3 of the companies that do tree removal in Spring City PA — and don’t assume the cheapest (or most expensive) is the best. Do your due diligence and go with the most competent-seeming group you can afford; you’ll appreciate the results in the end.